The Connected Vehicle Professional™ (CVP) Credentialing Program is a comprehensive education and certification curriculum collaboratively launched between the Connected Vehicle Trade Association (CVTA) and The Next Education.
The CVP Credentialing Program helps professionals build a valuable skill set and increases professional credibility in the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Community. The CVP is a vendor-neutral credentialing program that signifies that an individual has the requisite foundational understanding necessary to perform tasks involving connected vehicle and intelligent transportation best practices, in-vehicle safety, infrastructure, communication protocols, security and more.
This series of three courses instructs for a level of understanding around Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, and Vehicle-to-X connectivity inclusive to the rapidly advancing field of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Connected Vehicles. These courses are designed for the experienced IT professional, software engineer, automotive engineer, information and vehicle technician, insurance and telecommunications professional, transportation staff and service professional looking to enhance their professional career in this growing sector.
- Connected Vehicle Professional I – Function, Protocols, and Architecture will focus on connected vehicle application concepts and vision, performance functions, communication protocols, hardware architecture components and software architecture methodologies within the connected vehicle ecosystems. To ensure a globally informed awareness, learners will be presented with in-depth wide-ranging course materials, suggested domestic and internationally source reading resources, and tested on various key areas of instruction..
- Connected Vehicle Professional II – Standards, Organizations, Programs, V2X will emphasize connected vehicle standards from various organizations such as SAE, IEEE and other standardization groups. This will also expose learners to multiple organizations and programs recognized throughout the industry. Emphasis for this class is on Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I), Vehicle-to-Data (V2D) technologies. To ensure a globally informed awareness, learners will be presented with in-depth wide-ranging course materials, suggested domestic and internationally source reading resources, and tested on various key areas of instruction.
- Connected Vehicle Professional III – Data, Markets, Policy and Regulations will focus on data generated by connected vehicle. Further, learners are introduced to major consortia and agencies supporting the development, implementation and regulation of connected cars and other connected vehicle ecosystems. Additionally, learners are provided overviews on policies and regulations-being introduced into this space. To ensure a globally informed awareness, learners will be presented with in-depth wide-ranging course materials, suggested domestic and internationally source reading resources, and tested on various key areas of instruction.
A blended learning approach is used that includes:
- Extensive online learning activities through theNextEd’s robust learning platform. Learning content includes videos, practical interactive elements, current industry reading material, and knowledge checkpoints.
- Two half-day classroom sessions that emphasize problem solving, Q&A, and real-world case studies taught by industry professionals.
Learners who successfully complete the end-of-course learning assessment are awarded the Connected Vehicle Trade Association Certificate of Competency.
- Complete established eligibility requirements (typically educational background and work experience)
- No specific training course is required to take the certification exam but a prep course or study materials can be a viable preparation method.
- Pass an industry-developed, vetted, and proctored exam that tests mastery of an industry-defined body of knowledge.
- Earn your industry recognized credential promoting your support and dedication to the profession.
- Certifications must be maintained over time by fulfilling established maintenance requirements.
For more information or to register, contact:
Phone: +1 (734) 730-8665, email@example.com